Think of all the paper forms you still use in your school or organization that require an approval process. Does it really need to be a paper based system? Think of all the time you could save by digitizing the entire process down to the required signatures, receipts and any other documents.
I’ve created a couple of internal Google Docs add-ons designed specifically for the purpose of digitizing paper based workflows. The example below illustrates how one internal add-on recreates a paper based check request form, and another facilitates the approval process for that form.
Here is the sequence of events:
- Start from the Check Request Form that lives in your organization’s internal Template Gallery.
- Launch Check Request internal Add-on, that loads a Google Form in Sidebar
- Submit the Form
- Confirm that data merged correctly, modify as needed.
- Share with editing rights to supervisor/approver.
- Supervisor/approver signs digitally using Approve or Deny internal add-on
If this project interests you, or any other on this site let’s discuss how I can mentor you in developing customizable internal add-ons and scripts for your own environment.